Pullman, WA—This year, the Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary funded ten internal grant awards to eight different departments, totaling $38,000.
2023 grants funded the following departments and items:
• Medical Surgical Unit & ICU – Butterfly iQ Ultrasound System with case and iPad for faster and less painful IV access.
• BirthPlace – Halo Sleep Sack for every newborn.
• BirthPlace – Massage chair for patients and family members.
• Volunteer Services – Rice bag materials for hand sewn rice bags given to each new mom and inpatients.
• Nutrition – Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) training for staff to support pediatric patients with feeding challenges.
• Palouse Pediatrics – Waiting room toys and books to occupy and engage children while waiting for their doctor’s appointment.
• Summit Therapy – Sensory items for pediatric therapy sessions.
• Summit Therapy – iPad mount for interpretative technology.
• Cardiopulmonary Rehab – Replacement of outdated rehabilitation equipment for patients in the 36-week cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
• Palliative Care – Palliative Care Training and supplies for families and patients in the palliative care program.
The Auxiliary raises funds through sales at Diane’s Gift Garden, located in the hospital, membership fees and donations and several fundraisers during Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
About the Auxiliary
Managed by a volunteer board of directors, the membership-based Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary makes annual financial contributions to Pullman Regional Hospital for the purchase of patient comfort items. Since its inception in 1968, the Auxiliary has donated more than $752,000 to the hospital. Volunteers help staff the Gift Garden and support annual fundraisers.
Visit pullmanregional.org/auxiliary to learn more about membership and volunteer opportunities.
Contact: Alison Weigley, Director of External Relations
Pullman Regional Hospital
Office: (509) 332-2041 / Cell: (509) 330-0242
May 10, 2023