April 8, 2021
Pullman Regional Hospital’s Board of Commissioners will host public hearing to explore expanding the hospital’s taxing district
Pullman, WA—On Wednesday, the Pullman Regional Hospital’s Board of Commissioners voted to move forward with holding a public hearing on Wednesday, June 2nd at 6pm to explore expanding the hospital’s taxing district to coincide with Pullman School District boundaries.
The expansion under consideration would include 1,670 voters in the Pullman School District boundary who are not in the hospital’s current taxing district. If it becomes a ballot measure, only those 1,670 voters would vote on the expansion measure.
The recommendation to consider expanding the hospital’s taxing district boundaries was made in January 2021 to the Board of Commissioners based on feedback, community surveys and public hearings during the 2019 attempts to pass a bond campaign.
General Timeline for PRH Board of Commissioners Tax District Decisions:
- Jan 6, 2021: Present Recommendation for Approval at Board Meeting
- Jan – Apr: Explore expanding hospital’s district
- Apr 7, 2021: Resolution #1 at Board Meeting
- Jun 2, 2021: Public Hearing 6pm via zoom
- Jul 7, 2021: Resolution #2 at Board Meeting
- Aug 3, 2021: Last day to file a resolution for the November general election
- Nov 2, 2021: General election
All Board of Commissioner meetings are open to the public. A schedule can be found online: https://bit.ly/2JYf42j
Notices for the June 2nd public hearing will be posted with information on how to participate.
Contact: Alison Weigley, Director of External Relations
Pullman Regional Hospital & Foundation
Office: (509) 332-2041 / Cell: (509) 330-0242