Pullman, WA—The Pullman Regional Hospital’s Board of Commissioners voted to move forward with adding a
ballot measure to the November 2, 2021 general election to expand the hospital’s taxing district to coincide with Pullman School District boundaries.
The expansion under consideration would include approximately 1,670 voters in the Pullman School District boundary who are not in the hospital’s current taxing district; only those 1,670 voters would be eligible to vote on the ballot measure.
If the measure passes, property owners would be taxed at 30 cents per $1,000 assessed value, for the hospital’s Maintenance and Operations levy which was approved by voters in 2013. This is $30 a year for every $100,000 in assessed value, and is the same rate as property owners in the current hospital district.
The recommendation to consider expanding the hospital’s taxing district boundaries was made in January 2021 to the Board of Commissioners based on feedback, community surveys and public hearings during the 2019 attempts to pass a bond campaign.
General Timeline for PRH Board of Commissioners Tax District Decisions:
- Jan 6, 2021: Present Recommendation for Approval at Board Meeting
- Jan – Apr: Explore expanding hospital’s district
- Apr 7, 2021: Resolution #1 at Board Meeting
- Jun 2, 2021: Public Hearing 6pm via zoom
- Jul 7, 2021: Resolution #2 at Board Meeting
- Aug 3, 2021: Last day to file a resolution for the November general election
- Nov 2, 2021: General election
All Board of Commissioner meetings are open to the public. A schedule can be found online: https://bit.ly/2JYf42j
Alison Weigley, Director of External Relations
Pullman Regional Hospital & Foundation
Office: (509) 332-2041 / Cell: (509) 330-0242