Pullman, WA—The Pullman Regional Hospital’s Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, June 2nd at 6pm to consider and discuss expanding the hospital’s taxing district to coincide with Pullman School District boundaries.
The public hearing will be held through zoom: https://pullmanregional.zoom.us/my/prhcommissioners
The expansion under consideration would include approximately 1,670 voters in the Pullman School District boundary who are not in the hospital’s current taxing district; only those 1,670 voters would be eligible to vote. If moved forward, the expansion could appear as a ballot measure as early as the November 2, 2021 general election.
The recommendation to consider expanding the hospital’s taxing district boundaries was made in January 2021 to the Board of Commissioners based on feedback, community surveys and public hearings during the 2019 attempts to pass a bond campaign.
General Timeline for PRH Board of Commissioners Tax District Decisions:
- Jan 6, 2021: Present Recommendation for Approval at Board Meeting
- Jan – Apr: Explore expanding hospital’s district
- Apr 7, 2021: Resolution #1 at Board Meeting
- Jun 2, 2021: Public Hearing 6pm via zoom
- Jul 7, 2021: Resolution #2 at Board Meeting
- Aug 3, 2021: Last day to file a resolution for the November general election
- Nov 2, 2021: General election
All Board of Commissioner meetings are open to the public. A schedule can be found online: https://bit.ly/2JYf42j
Alison Weigley, Director of External Relations
Pullman Regional Hospital & Foundation
Office: (509) 332-2041 / Cell: (509) 330-0242